Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Seeker Friendly

Nobody wants to offend someone else, or at least I would say that our desire is not to offend people, but when we speak the message of God - and the consequence is that people are offended - do we, or should we, change or tweak the message to be "seeker friendly"? That is to say, is it good to make the message more agreeable with most, for the sake of not being offensive?

I absolutely would say that we should not be offensive, but the message cannot change! And the message of the Gospel is offensive. It is offensive because it is personal, it speaks to the individual. And it is offensive because the message is that we are wicked. Can we make this less offensive? Only if the message changes, and if it changes it is not the Gospel.

Galatians 1:9-10
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evangelism Resources

Evangelism Resources