Friday, May 21, 2010

I want to be just like You

I read a saying once that said "To the world, you may be one person; but to one person, you may be the world" and this profound little statement was referring to our children (I read it at my son's preschool).

I think that sometimes we forget how powerful our influence is on our kids. My son's will watch me shave in the morning, sometimes they will even pretend that they are shaving with me. I would ask my oldest son when he was a little younger what he wanted to be when he grew up, and his simple little response was "a dad".

To our children (especially us fathers) we are their superheroes; as time passes they will see us differently and more age appropriately, but our influence as their parents will always be immeasurable in the shaping of their lives.

So, to really reflect on the importance of this, I thought I would post this video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Evangelism Resources

Evangelism Resources